Apply law enforcement principles in own area of operation in support of conservation objectives.
Learning outcomes for the course
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Compare and evaluate different legislative requirements as it applies to national and international conservation management objectives.
- Apply correct law enforcement principles and processes as it applies to the gathering and reporting of information, the management of crime scenes and arrest procedures.
- Apply the correct processes and procedures in support of legal proceedings and prosecutions of conservation offences.
- Plan and conduct patrols and apply navigational, communication, tracking and bush-craft in support of effective patrolling.
- Use and apply correct operational procedures in the monitoring and reporting of species in support of conservation objectives.
Strategic Areas Covered
- Law enforcement
- Use and maintain radios for field communications
- Map reading
- Tracking and counter tracking
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Park Wardens, Conservation Agency Management Staff, People involved in designing, planning, monitoring and evaluation of Parks and Reserves or Conservation Programmes. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.