OUR PURPOSE AND VALUES
In striving to inspire every person we train and engage with to conserve out natural world, we are innovative, transformative and solutions driven.
Our purpose is to equip people with the necessary knowledge and applied skills to conserve and protect Africa’s natural resources and its biodiversity. We go beyond boundaries so we can do this in viable, inclusive and economically successful ways.
As part of the SAWC team our watchwords are:
We strive for excellence and are committed, optimistic and responsive. Passion is what drives us.
We act fairly, responsibly and respectfully. Credibility underpins what we do, whilst our flexibility and adaptability keeps us ahead of our game.
We are firmly rooted in Africa our home and promote diversity of people and thought. We act collectively and individually so that we can bring about positive change. We have a sense of urgency and are focused on sustainable results and outcomes.
New vision: “To inspire every person we train and engage with, to conserve our natural world”.
Slogan: “Training Beyond Boundaries”.
Mission: “To equip people with the necessary knowledge and applied skills to conserve and protect Africa’s natural resources and biodiversity in viable, inclusive and economically successful ways”.
Strategic Objectives (which encapsulate both the new age of conservation and new academic landscape, but also the forward-looking staff complement of SAWC):
- Facilitate understanding of inclusive conservation (people/planet/economy);
- Become the local, national and regional applied conservation learning institute of choice;
- Promote diversity of people and thought;
- Institutionalise a learning-by-doing methodology for improved conservation practice;
- Provide high quality, needs and context driven training programmes;
- Ensure innovation and new technologies inform best practice;
- In developing and implementing cutting edge training programmes; and
- In developing a socially, environmentally and economically sustainable business model.