Use and apply principles of ethics and conservation philosophy in support of ethical conservation.
Learning outcomes for this course:
- Understand the principles of values and ethics as it apply to the nature conservation environment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of the philosophies underpinning current practices in conservation as it applies to Transfrontier conservation issues.
- Investigate the relationship between personal values and ethics and human behavior as it applies to conservation environment.
- Investigate and evaluate environmental and conservation issues in relation to human behavior, ethics and personal values.
Strategic Area Covered
- Philosophy and conservation ethics basic concepts and different approaches to conservation issues
- Approached to conservation based on different belief and value systems
- Other movements and approached related to conservation ethics
- Interpersonal skills
- Philosophy and ethics summary
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Park Wardens, Conservation Agency Management Staff. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.