Utilise personnel management principles in support of the planning and implementation of operational objectives in a conservation environment
Learning outcomes for this course:
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Use and application of organisational policies and procedures as it applies to personnel management and legislative compliance
- Apply knowledge and understanding of occupational health and safety requirements in the operational workplace environment
- Apply knowledge and understanding of social and cultural issues in support of the maintaining of workplace and staff relationships so as to enable effective operational teamwork and delivery
- Identify and explain different staff roles and responsibilities as it applies to the implementation of operational conservation objectives
- Plan and allocate staff so as to ensure the effective utilization of resources in support of the meeting of operational objectives within determined time-frames and in accordance to conservation activities and plans.
Strategic Areas Covered
- An introduction to personnel management
- Understanding “management”
- Management functions
- Developing a management supervision system
- Problem solving and decision making
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Managers, assistants, people in leadership or supervisory roles, Individuals who want to learn management principles. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.