Manage human resources to enable the attaining of conservation management objectives.
Learning outcomes for this module:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Apply recruitment, selection and placement skills in the addressing of human resources requirements as it apply to own area of operation.
- Apply human resources management principles in the management of staff in accordance to strategic and operational objectives.
- Conduct performance appraisals with staff to enable the maintaining of operational productivity in own area of operation
- Identify human resources training and development needs as it applies to organizational goals and objectives
Strategic Areas Covered
- Management practice and protected area manager
- Management skills and principles
- Human resource management
- Manpower planning
- Manpower planning – sourcing people
- Job descriptions and man specifications
- Performance management
- Labour relations
- Developing an HRM strategy and plan
- Training and development
- HIV/AIDS: definitions, understanding, clinical progression
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Managers, assistants, people in leadership or supervisory roles, Individuals who want to learn management principles
Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.