Dates: 6 – 21 April 2020
Duration: 10 days
Cost: R5900.00 p/p (All-inclusive accommodation, catering and training. Transport to and from SAWC for own cost)
Venue: Southern African Wildlife College
Address: Kempiana Nature Reserve, On the Orpen Rd R531, Kruger National Park.
Course Outcomes: Manage human resources to enable the attaining of conservation management objectives.
Learning outcomes for this module:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Apply recruitment, selection and placement skills in the addressing of human resources requirements as it apply to own area of operation.
- Apply human resources management principles in the management of staff in accordance to strategic and operational objectives.
- Conduct performance appraisals with staff to enable the maintaining of operational productivity in own area of operation
- Identify human resources training and development needs as it applies to organizational goals and objectives
Strategic Areas Covered
- Management practice and protected area manager
- Management skills and principles
- Human resource management
- Manpower planning
- Manpower planning – sourcing people
- Job descriptions and man specifications
- Performance management
- Labour relations
- Developing an HRM strategy and plan
- Training and development
- HIV/AIDS: definitions, understanding, clinical progression
Who can attend?
- This course is suitable for Managers, assistants, people in leadership or supervisory roles, Individuals who want to learn management principles. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
- This course is a NQF level 6 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College. Attendees is required to complete assessments and a practical assignments.