Use and apply environmental development principles in the planning and implementation of responsible development.
Learning outcomes for this course:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Use and apply environmental development principles in the conducting of environmental impact assessments.
- Identify and evaluate legal frameworks applicable to protected areas development as it applies to environmental development planning in own area of operation.
- Evaluate development plans in order to assess the meeting of responsible development principles.
- Evaluate environmental development plans in terms of legal, impact and integrated management requirements.
Strategic Area Covered
- Legal conformance
- Environmental impact assessments (EIA)
- Environmental management plans
- Protected area development plans (PADP)
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for natural resource managers, eenvironmental officers, private individuals who care about the state of the environment and those wishing to address the global environmental crisis. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 6 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.