Plan and implement conservation actions in support of the maintaining and management of catchment areas.
Learning Outcomes for this course:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Investigate and report on the issues impacting on catchment habitats as it applies to a conservation area.
- Utilize knowledge of aquatic systems in the planning of catchment management plans for own area of operation.
- Apply the principles of catchment management in support of conservation objectives in own area of operation.
Strategic areas covered
- Components of a catchment system
- Basic ecological processes of water bodies
- Threat to catchment systems
- Monitoring and management of catchment systems
- Management of catchment systems
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Park Wardens, Conservation Agency Management Staff, People involved in designing, planning, monitoring and evaluation of Parks and Reserves or Conservation Programmes. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 6 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.