By supporting a student at the Southern African Wildlife College (SAWC) you will be helping to conserve Africa’s wildlife in perpetuity.
The SAWC’s Adopt-A-Student Learner Legacy Campaign has been created in recognition of the fact that conservation education and training is not well funded in southern Africa. Despite the importance of providing training in skills as diverse as anti-poaching techniques, wildlife-conflict management, community-based natural resource management, geographic information systems, tracking and infrastructure development, little or no government funding is provided. Students who go on to become Protected Area Managers, Community Extension Officers, Field Guides, Game Rangers and Environmental Education Officers (most of whom come from historically disadvantaged communities) are thus reliant on financial support by way of bursaries and donor funds to complete their training and bolster their current skills.
The Adopt-A-Student Learner Legacy Campaign gives you the opportunity to help wildlife management students further their studies or acquire the skills needed for their career advancement. By providing direct financial assistance to an eligible individual you can be assured that your contribution will not only help that person to reach his or her full potential but will also make a meaningful difference to the quality of his/her life, and to conservation in Africa; both now and in the future.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
- You can support a student/s completing any one of our different training programmes
- You can support any one of the College’s projects
- You can endow your contribution, making your support of a student a perpetual one
- You can support the general Adopt-A-Student Learner Legacy Campaign fund with a financial gift at any level.
- Alternatively, you can further discuss with the College supporting groups of students across any of our other training programmes and projects which include, Community-based Natural Resource (Rural Inititiatives for Sustainable Development) Management Projects, New Venture Creation and Enterprise Development projects or our Applied Learning projects for example.