Apply the principles of resource economics in a conservation situation in support of conservation planning and the meeting of conservation objectives.
Learning Outcomes for this module:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Evaluate the principles of resource economics as it applies to conservation management.
- Evaluate and draft a report on the sustainability of natural resources as it applies to a conservation environment.
- Evaluate the impact of macro-economic policy on conservation issues as it applies to own area of operation.
- Conduct a cost benefit analysis as it applies to conservation issues in own area of operation.
Strategic areas covered
- Introduction to economics
- Valuing wildlife resources
- Wildlife and the national economy
- Economics, business and park planning
- Recommended reading
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Wildlife managers, extension officers, people in leadership or supervisory roles and those who want to learn resource economics and its management.Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.
5 day courses