A learner who has achieved this qualification will be able to implement operational knowledge and skills within a conserved area. The course focuses on the skills needed by general field staff of a conserved area. The learner will also be in a position to lead and mentor other learners in the attainment of management objectives in the context of the law enforcement, ecological, maintenance and operational aspects of managing a conserved area. A learner will also be able to make valuable contributions to community development and other community based projects. The qualification has been developed to enhance professionalism across the conservation industry.
Students will learn:
- Manage available resources at operational level.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Nature Conservation environment.
- Operate in the Nature Conservation environment.
- Perform conservation resources guardianship according to operational requirements.
- Effective communication is enabled through the maintaining of relevant communication as per organisational requirements.
- Problems are identified and solved in the application of nature conservation guardianship as it relates to the maintaining of area integrity.
- Information is collected analysed, organised and evaluated in the performing of conservation resources guardianship in the operational environment.
- The world is understood as a set of related systems as the Nature Conservation sector and operational environment is investigated.
- Own activities are managed and organised in the performance of conservation resources guardianship activities in the operational environment.
- Teamwork is supported in the operational environment and the execution of conservation resources guardianship responsibilities.
- The maintaining of effective working relationships is supported through the requirements of the operational environment.
- The use of science and technology is supported by the use of computer literacy in the operational environment as well as the electronic applications used for the gathering and reporting of information in the performance of conservation resources guardianship requirements in the workplace.