- A learner who has achieved this qualification will be able to integrate supervisory knowledge and skills with the operational specifics of a conserved area.
- The course focuses on the skills needed by field staff of a conserved area. The learner will also be in a position to lead and mentor other learners in the attainment of management objectives in the context of the different aspects of managing a conserved area.
- A learner will also be able to make valuable contributions to community developments and other community based projects.
- The qualification has been developed to assist professionalism across the conservation industry.
Students will learn to:
- Enforce compliance with relevant conservation legislation.
- Manage the workplace at an operational level.
- Ensure that effective communication is enabled through the maintaining of relevant communication as per organisational requirements.
- Identify and solve problems in the application of Nature Conservation Management.
- Collect, analyse, organise, and evaluate information at operational level.
- Support teamwork in the operational environment and in the execution of Conservation Resources Management responsibilities.
- Maintain effective working relationships that are supported in the enforcing of conservation compliance.
- Ensure that the use of Science and Technology is supported by the use of relevant technology employed in the undertaking of patrols.
Apply to this Programme