- A learner who has achieved this qualification will be able to integrate supervisory knowledge and skills with the operational specifics of a conserved area.
- The course focuses on the skills needed by field staff of a conserved area. The learner will also be in a position to lead and mentor other learners in the attainment of management objectives in the context of the different aspects of managing a conserved area.
- A learner will also be able to make valuable contributions to community developments and other community based projects.
- The qualification has been developed to assist professionalism across the conservation industry.
Aspirant protected area and natural resource managers. Current field staff, e.g. field rangers, general assistants, supervisors and junior managers. In addition unemployed learners who wish to enter the fields of conservation can be selected and will be paired with employed learners in the workplace.
The course is structured in such a manner that it equips existing and potential protected area staff or community leaders with relevant skills required to manage these areas more efficiently, or even to make a value-added contribution to their communities through sustainable conservation of the environment. It is aimed at individuals who are involved with, or wish to make significant contributions to the practical field and administration tasks of a conserved area.
Exit Level Outcomes of the Programme:
Learners qualifying against the learning programme will be able to:
- Enforce compliance with relevant conservation
- Ensure that effective communication is enabled through the maintaining of relevant communication as per organisational requirements
- Identify and solve problems in the application of Nature Conservation
- Collect, analyse, organise and evaluate information at operational level
- Support teamwork inthe operational environment and inthe execution of Conservation Resources Management
- Maintain effective working relationships which are supported in the enforcing of conservation
- Ensure that the use of Science and Technology is supported by the use of relevant technology employed in the undertaking of patrols