Apply reserve planning principles to conduct ecological planning as it applies to protected areas goals and objectives.
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Identify and evaluate land use planning objectives as it applies to own area of operation.
- Evaluate land use planning in terms of ecological sustainability and utilization as it applies to own area of operation.
- Apply land use planning principles for reserve planning as it applies to own area of operation.
Strategic areas covered:
- Peace parks foundation planning
- The PPF planning process
- Current environmental character
- Planning parameters
- Sensitivities: understanding the planning environment
- Concept development plan
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Park Wardens, Conservation Agency Management Staff, People involved in designing, planning, monitoring and evaluation of Parks and Reserves or Conservation Programmes. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.