Maintain infrastructure in a conservation environment.
Learning outcomes for this course:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Assess and address maintenance requirements as it applies to reserve facilities and infrastructure.
- Monitor and repair fences in a conservation environment.
- Implement soil erosion control procedures as it applies to the conservation environment and own area of operation.
- Implement road and trail maintenance activities according to operational plans and requirements.
Strategic Areas Covered
- Erect, monitor and maintain game fences
- Control soil erosion
- Construction and maintenance of roads
- Assess and address maintenance requirements as it applies to reserve facilities and infrastructure
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Individuals, staff of protected area are who are involved with maintenance of infrastructure, field rangers, trackers, guides and general workers. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.