The Professional Hunting learning programme addresses the skills and competencies enabling qualifying, licensing and registration as a Professional Hunter to enable access to employment opportunities in the hunting environment in South Africa. To empower persons of a previously disadvantaged background to access the hunting industry and improve the current standard of training of professional hunters in South Africa.
Students will learn to:
- Operate in the professional hunting environment.
- Apply legislative requirements applicable to professional hunting.
- Handle and maintain weapons for hunting purposes.
- Maintain hunting ethics and traditions in the operational environment.
- Interact with clients in the Professional Hunting environment.
- Conduct a hunting experience according to industry standards.
- Deal with hunting trophies in the correct manner.