Use and apply financial management techniques to plan and manage conservation operations in own area of responsibility.
Learning Outcomes for this module
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Draft and present financial budgets to support operational objectives as it applies to conservation planning in a conservation area.
- Apply financial management principles at operational level.
- Design, implement and evaluate financial control systems in support of financial management objectives and operations.
Strategic area covered
- Accounting systems – finance and regulatory basics
- Accounting practices – general framework and principles
- Financial transactions
- Financial accountability
- Drafting budget proposals
- Budgetary control measures
- Business plan
- Accounting policies and procedures
- Preparation and presentation of reports
- The role and importance of financial data
- Principles of financial management
Who can attend?
This course is suitable for Park Wardens, Conservation Agency Management Staff, People involved in designing, planning, monitoring and evaluation of Parks and Reserves or Conservation Programmes, Lodge owners and staff. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.