Draft conservation management plans according to operational requirements and procedures.
Learning outcomes for this module:
At the completion of this module you will be able to:
- Establish management goals and objectives as it applies to conservation objectives in order to prioritize and schedule work activities.
- Identify and describe planning cycles and monitoring requirements as it applies to the implementation of conservation activities.
- Draft and present conservation management plans in support of the attaining of conservation goals and objectives.
- Apply the principles of adaptive management in own area of operation so as to support the effective supervision of work-team responsibilities and output.
Strategic areas covered
- Management – the process
- Management plan basics
- Compiling a management plan
- What should be included in a management plan?
- Management programmes
- Implementing the management plan
- Management planning cycles and management plan review
Who can attend?
- Persons involved in the Designing & Planning of Parks and Reserves (Protected Areas)
- People involved in the Management of Parks and Reserves
- Park Wardens
- Conservation Agency Management Staff
- People involved in Monitoring and Evaluation of Parks and Reserves or Conservation Programmes
- Applicants must have a knowledge, comprehension and application of English and be employed in a management capacity.
The course is an NQF level 5 course. The course is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.
Duration of course