Understand, use and apply verbal and non-verbal communication skills effectively to ensure clear communication with colleagues and customers in a variety of workplace scenarios.
Learning outcomes for the course:
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the communication model and communication theories in support of the principles of effective communication
- Define, illustrate and evaluate communication barriers and employ verbal and non-verbal communication skills in the operational environment.
- Employ communication skills in the drafting and preparation of written communication according to operational requirements
- Employ communication skills in the drafting and preparations of reports according to operational requirements
- Understand and examine the importance and impact of effective communication in the organisation.
- Use effective communication skills for the planning, preparation and execution of presentations.
Strategic Areas Covered
- What is effective communication?
- Types or forms of communication
- Organizational communication
- Problems with the communication process
- Overcoming communication barriers
- Learning to listen
- Fundamentals of effective speaking skills
- Note tasking techniques
- Developing sound writing skills
Who can attend?
This course is suitable anyone in a networking role working in parks and reserves or conservation programmes. Applicants must have knowledge, comprehension and application of English.
This course is a NQF level 5 course and is institutionally accredited by the Southern African Wildlife College.